click to return to homepageclick to view shopping cart
click to go to the money map

Local Authority Help

Your Local Authority can be a real source of support as a Carer. They can provide a range of services to support you that will be aimed at your particular needs. Once you get in touch with them they will carry out an assessment of your situation, and let you know what they can do for you. So the first thing you should do is ask your Local Authority to carry out a "Carers Assesment"

Carers Assessment

Your next step is to find out about the "Direct Payments Scheme", see if it is available to you, and whether it would suit you.

Direct Payments

You Should then find out if you qualify for a "Council Tax Allowance"

Council Tax allowance

Finally, You should ask your Local Authority if you qualify for a "Community Care Grant"

Community Care Grant


back a step