click to return to homepageclick to view shopping cart
click to go to the money map

Are There Any Charities or Organisations That May Also be Able to Help Me?

Yes - there are several extremely good charities and organisations that can offer help and support. You should always get as much help as you can from your local authority and the government, but once you have done this then you can also look for extra help from these charities.

They are very good at providing emotional support by giving you someone to deal with who really understands your situation. They will also involve you in a network of people who also share your experiences and problems, and will be able to offer proctical advice on how to cope with day to day living as a carer. In many ways this help can be as valuable as financial support.

The following is a list of the main Organisations and Charities, and how to get in touch with them.

The Princess Royal Trust for Carers
The Princess Royal Trust for Carers is the largest provider of comprehensive carers support services in the UK. Through its network of 144 independently managed Carers' Centres , 85 young carers services and websites, , the Trust provides quality information, advice and support services to over 400,000 carers, including approximately 25,000 young carers.

You can find them on internet at: and

Or you could call them direct on:
London Office - Tel: 0844 800 4361
Glasgow Office - Tel: (0141) 221 5066
Wales Office - Tel: 02920 221788

Crossroads - Caring for Carers
Crossroads Care provides services through a network of local providers across England and Wales. Each offers a variety of support services for carers including the core service where a trained carer support worker comes into the home to take over the caring responsibilities, enabling the carer to take a break

You can find them on internet at:

Or you could call them direct on: Tel: 0845 450 0350


back a step