click to return to homepageclick to view shopping cart
click to go to the money map

What Help can I get If I am Aged 65 and Over, and I Need Someone to Help Look After Me?

Answer: You should apply for an Attendance Allowance

Attendance Allowance is a tax-free benefit paid to people who need someone to help look after them because they are physically or mentally disabled.

Do I Qualify

If you do not Qualify, then use the back button to Return to Step 1.

If you do Qualify, and are not claiming this benefit, then do so straight away. Call the Benefit Enquiry Line on:

Telephone: 0800 88 22 00
Textphone: 0800 24 33 55

The Benefit Enquiry Line is open from:

Monday to Friday - 8.30 am to 6.30 pm
Saturday - 9.00 am to 1.00 pm

How Much Will I Get?

There are currently 2 rates of the allowance, depending on how you are affected by your disablity. They are:

  • Higher Rate - £71.40 Per Week
  • Lower Rate - £47.80 Per Week

How Will the Money be Paid?

Once you have applied you will be told which rate you will be able to claim. Attendence Allowance is normally paid directly in to a bank or building society account.

Will Claiming Attendance Allowance Affect any Other Benefits I am Claiming?

Normally Attendance Allowance is ignored as income if you are claiming other income related benefits, such as Housing Benefit, Council Tax Benefit and Pension Credit. But if your disablity is considered to be severe, then you may actually get an increase in these other benefits. Make sure you ask when you make your application.

back a step